Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Profound Thanksgiving Thoughts

Ok...so I may not have anything profound to share but a girl can dream, right? :) As the holidays approach like a charging bull, my plan is to dodge as much chaos as I can.  There's something about the holidays that irritates me and I just can't seem to put my finger on exactly what causes those feelings.  I don't particularly have many heart-warming memories of the holidays but I don't have any traumatic or terrible memories either.  Thanksgiving and Christmas...they are days in the year just like any other, except we've managed to turn them into consumer monsters.  I don't like how people go crazy and stress themselves out in order to impress others.  Or how it is "suddenly" the time to serve and share.  Why can't we think about others all the time?

Don't get me wrong...I like getting together with friends and family, eating a lot, and exchanging gifts but it's so easy to get caught up in the planning, cooking, and buying.  My hope is that this year the focus is not on doing and buying, but on living and loving...every single day! 

So...my Thanksgiving plans have got me really excited! Since I live so far from family now, I get to travel a few hours to spend this holiday with my best friend and her husband in Dallas.  I have not seen her since this summer and we have a lot to catch up on.  In addition, she has informed me that I will be helping cook which means she will be teaching me how to cook.  That will be an interesting adventure!

In other news, I will be picking up a second job for the holidays at least to help me save and get one step closer to an apartment.  I'm going to transfer with Old Navy so I hope my brain remembers how to do that job. 

Finally, if you read my last post I shared the story of Shaniqua the chicken.  Well, the family just got a new all black chicken and named it Bon Qui Qui.  It's the sweetest chicken and has made friends quickly. 

That's my update with all the emotion and randomness of my life.  Take it or leave it. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment