Update my blog more! hehe
So as I sit and ponder all the things that I could write today, I think that I will recap the last year and just see all the blessings and experiences that have shaped me.
- My dad and now stepmom got married
- I began spring semester of my sophomore year of college at Johnson Bible College
- I survived that semester and headed back to Sky Ranch Cave Springs in Oklahoma to work for the summer
- My big sister and husband announced that they were pregnant in July
- They also decided to move from Kansas to Kentucky
- I endured one of the most difficult and faith-challenging summers yet
- When I returned to Indiana at the end of the summer, I felt called to something bigger
- I withdrew from college and left behind many friends
- I moved to Austin, TX on faith of God's provision, which has been displayed so wonderfully to me
- I have been housed by two wonderful families
- In September, I turned 21
- I have two part-time jobs that will eventually turn into one full-time
- Junior year at JBC
- In a relationship
- Planning a summer internship
- Staying up late, worrying about homework, late-night Taco Bell runs, and loving the college life
In the midst of all my worrying and impatience, there are a few verses from the Bible that I need to replay in my mind and focus on until I can really believe and trust.
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?
28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?
Ouch! "you of little faith" Is that you? I'm gonna have to admit, I thought I had BIG faith by moving to Texas and doing all of those scary BIG things, but in the smallest things do I trust God to provide? Not always...rarely...it definitely needs work! I guess this should be my "New Year's Resolution" as well! I'm hoping and praying that God blesses you, stretches you, and reveals more of Himself to you in this new year 2011!!