Friday, March 18, 2011

Neighborly Kindness

First of all, I want to start out by saying that I went hiking this afternoon and LOVED it!  I found a park to go to in the evenings to walk off the stress or bottled up energy from the day.  I'm so excited to start going there on a regular basis!

When I got home this afternoon after my hiking, I decided that I had enough time to whip up a batch of cookies for my neighbors.  I've been wanting to do this since I moved into the apartment but never seemed to have the time or energy for it.  Today was the day...and I'm so glad I finally did it. 

I got out all of my ingredients that Rebekah, my friend from work, brought to me.  I got down my mixing bowl and my mom's famous chocolate chip cookie recipe.  The adventure began!  After measuring out the first few ingredients I realized that my recipe was for a double batch.  In theory, that was an awesome discovery, but for my mixing bowl that was quite a challenge.  When it was time to add the dry ingredients, things were getting very interesting.  The flour came up to the edge of the bowl and I was met with the challenge of how to stir without getting flour all over my kitchen.  Somehow I managed to keep it decently contained and successfully made my first batch of cookies in my apartment.  :) 

                            

I made little cards to go with the cookies and put them in little baggies.  The next challenge was to come up with a creative idea with my resources of how to hang them on doors and attach the cards to the bags.  I used safety pins and ribbon...and they looked pretty awesome if you ask me! I put them all in a plastic bag and faced the fear of knocking on doors.  I was pleasantly surprised by what I encountered.  I have really nice neighbors.  As awkward as it was to knock on the doors and quickly explain that I'm not a psycho, it turned out really good.  I sure hope that I can have some friends out of this.  If not, I hope the cookies were good and that I can at least be greeted with smiles when I run into my neighbors around.   


This evening, I am cooking honey mustard chicken with jasmine rice and some green beans.  It sounds yummy...and it smells yummy!  I'm sure it will taste yummy as well!  I think I'm getting the hang of this cooking thing.  It's not so bad after all!  Well...I think that is all I have to report for now! Glad to finally give some successful news!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Those cookies looked so amazingly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those cookies were amazingly amazingly good!!!!
    The blog quality as well!m *applause*

    ReplyDelete