Thursday, September 16, 2010

One Week Visit for Answers...HA!

I wrote this yesterday.  I hope that you find it encouraging and relevent.
 



It is Wednesday, September 15th and I just got back to Indiana from a week's visit in Austin, Texas.  This past week was a search for answers and a trial period for moving.  It's funny though how God works in these situations.  I waltzed into this week with plans and a large goal.  I believed that all my questions would be answered and that's not a huge request when I serve such a BIG God...right?  Ha Ha! So here's the breakdown...

MY PLAN - meet some cool people, job search, apartment search, figure out what my future in Austin will look like
GOD'S PLAN - meet some cool people, relax, trust, sit around, eat

At least we had one thing in common! :) Basically what I'm trying to say is...I still have no idea what life in Austin is going to look like for me.  All I know is that I'm moving.  The rest is waiting to be discovered when the time is right for me to know.  Waiting and trusting are so difficult for many...myself included.  I fear the unknown and this move is right down that alley.  There are so many new experiences and unknowns around every corner for me.  I am out of my comfort zone for sure.  The decisions and responsibilities are very overwhelming at times.  I have to constantly remind myself to just focus on one step at a time.  If I look too far forward, I may freak out a little.  What a challenge that is for me.

Overall, my week was good! In terms of what I had planned...a complete fail of a week.  BUT in terms of what God had planned...just what I needed...just enough information to get me to my next step.   I guess that's all I can ask for right now! I don't have a job, I don't have a place to live, and I will hopefully be able to stay with a family from the church temporarily until I find both of those.  I can be satisfied with that knowledge...can you?

Through this whole experience, I also know that many of you are praying for me and following my adventure.  In my mind, I'm just doing an ordinary thing.  I'm moving to a new place to start a normal life...but it's really not normal.  A wise friend pointed out that even though it seems normal to me, it is inspiring to others.  I hope that by documenting my adventure with God, you will find encouragement and inspiration.  Maybe God will use my story to open your eyes to the box of comfort you live in and challenge you to move beyond that.  God may not be asking you to move half way across the country away from everyone you know, but He may be calling you to do something locally that you normally wouldn't choose.  I don't know how this affects you, but I hope it is more than just a story.  I pray that my struggles and experiences may help others to grow and be stretched and see God in a way they never knew before.

Everything I do is NOT for MY glory or fame, but for the glory of my God!!  Praise HIM for what He has done and is doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment